Embracing Life again :)

I guess embracing life had been difficult for a period in my life as it was just so frustrating trying to embrace it while others try their best to destroy it.. Thank god most of these people are gone... Time to embrace life again! :)

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What a man!?!

Yesterday, I had my lunch with my friends at Novena Foodcourt. At the entrance of the foodcourt, i saw this really nice picture of "Pineapple rice", so i thought, "Hmm, havent had it for a long time, let's have it for lunch."

Well, i went to the Thai stall to order. Woah... there were like at least 4-5 people in front of me. Hmm.. then this couple right in front of me attracted my attention. Both of them are the executive type; well-dressed, good spoken english, in their early thirties.

So what happened exactly??

They were talking to each other, so naturally, people will assume they are lunching together. When the cashier took their order, he totaled the bill, looked at the MAN and say :" that will be $11.50 Sir." That MAN, who was holding a TEN DOLLAR NOTE looked shock! (His bill should total to about $7.00, the lady's about $4.50)

Man:" WHAT!? I only ordered two dishes!"
Cashier *Puzzled*: "But the lady.... You mean separate?"
Man *As a matter of fact*:" Of course!"
Lady *quite naturally*:"yah separate"

I was standing right behind, and when i saw that, first thought: YOU FUCKING HELL CALL YOURSELF A MAN!! (Kee Leong: mayb he's not *giggle*) Anyway, WTF!? He is fucking holding a TEN DOLLAR NOTE, all he had to do was to top it up with a TWO DOLLAR NOTE and that TWO (mind you 2) dollar can save him some face lor...

Look at it this way, if they wanna go on dutch, fine, but since its only a two dollar top up, pay for it first then settle the bill with the lady back at the table lah. This way, at least that will make him look gentlemanly lor.

Hai.. Frankly, i have nothing against men. But sometimes, some things that they do just kana piss me off. hahaha.. Uncle Kee was saying that i must have been hanging ard him for too long that i thot ALL MALE SPECIES are SUPPOSE to be gentlemen. Well, what can i say? Either he spoiled the market or he make us start to think....

P.S: The pineapple rice sucks! I paid $4.50 for oil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home