Embracing Life again :)

I guess embracing life had been difficult for a period in my life as it was just so frustrating trying to embrace it while others try their best to destroy it.. Thank god most of these people are gone... Time to embrace life again! :)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Shall we all learn to be little more generous?

I believe you have heard of story of carrying potatoes rite? Well, if you havent, let me bring some light to you.

One day, in school, a teacher gave a task to her class of students. She instructed them to bring a bag with them and whenever they are angry with someone, just use a pen, write that person's name on A potato and put that potato in the bag. Now, the students are supposed to bring this bag and their potatoes around, wherever they go (Eat Sleep Shit Bath Play etc). Happily, the students write names put potatoes and drag the bag of potatoes around.

At the end of the week, their potatoes starts to rot, stink, and seems heavier with every potato they put in. The teacher then ask if they are ready to let that bag of potatoes go. All at once the students agree that they should.

Morale of the story?

Next time, be smart, dun use potatoes, use sweets...

Hahahaaha.. Nah, seriously: That bag of potatoes resembles the grudges that you hold and the bag is you or your heart. As the potatoes are added in, the bag feels heavier. In time to come, when the potatoes rot, you suffer the stinky smell. Same logic as a human being. The more grudges you hold, the heavier and the more stressed out you will be, when the grauges becomes bad, who else suffer but you? YOU, my dear, will be the one suffering. NOT the person whose name was on the potatoes but YOU!

Thus, if YOU learn to let go, not only do you NOT have to smell those smelly potatoes, your love ones, best friends, even just a stranger standing beside you do not have to suffer the "stench". And YOU will definitely led a better life, Y NOT?

Now, If you have read Raymond aka Ah Mond's blog, you will actually think that im refering to him.. BUt nah,you are wrong wrong.. I got the inspiration from an email.

Frankly, I do hold grudges too. I mean, lets be realistic, who doesnt. The thing is, have you ever realise that even though I do, when the person whom I dont like is being mention, I'll joke about it and let it pass?

Think about it, if the person whom i hate is someone who meant sth to you, isnt it very stressful for you to try to not mention that person? Take for example: I HATE WILLIAM! Yes, that bastard who has just hurt a dear friend of mine. Well, even before he hurt her, I hate him already. BUT, when I was suppose to be nice and pass sth to him, I smile and said Hi, totally give face to my friend.

Yah, i admit, in front of her, I do sometimes say VEH VEH nasty things about him, what did she do? She NEVER, i repeat, NEVER give me black face BEFORE. At most, She will just "EEee... Meimei, you veh bad leh.. He not like that de lah." I tell you, after hearing that, I oso PAISEH! y? He was her BOYFRD, upoon hearing such SHIT from me, she still can smile. She "let me go" how can I not "let him go"?

The thing is, ONE's letting go and being generous to another human being is like a smile; it gets passed on. I try, I am trying to let go of alot of things. The question is, R YOU? R you embracing life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home